Coco Peat Advantages in Farming: Coco Peat is now in demand in the urban areas. This is mainly because of the advantages of Soil Less Farming in the Kitchen Gardens or Terrace Gardens. You might have some questions regarding what is the use of coco peat farming or advantages of coir fibre. Once you read this information on the Coco Peat Advantages, you will get to know the different aspects like coco peat vs soil, coco peat disadvantages. We have provided not only the Advantages of Coco Peat For Potting, you will also get an idea on the Drawbacks of Coco Peat. Our aim is to provide enough information which will help you to use Coco Peat Bricks at Home.
List of Coco Peat Advantages in Kitchen Garden:
- Coco Peat is the best material to increase the porosity of the Potting Mixture.
- It retains maximum water or moisture eight times to its volume. Hence one can use it for water holding capacity alone.
- The requirement of Water is very less for this Soil Material.
- Coco Peat is very Hydrophilic. This nature of Coco Peat helps to absorb water or moisture very quickly.
- Since it is an Organic Medium, Cation Exchange Capacity is more. Hence it helps in exchange of Cations from the nutrients and water that roots absorb.
- Since it is lightweight, transportation, Storage, and the handling costs of Coco Peat is very less.
- You can use this Coco Peat in various shapes and sizes. This will allow you to use your little space in Kitchen Garden efficiently.
- One can make this Coco Peat from renewable media, i.e., from the husk of Coconuts. Hence the Cost of Coco Peat is very cheap.
- It is environmentally friendly and causes no effects on the disposal.
- Coco Peat is also a very good Organic Manure which will provide a number of nutrients after its use.
- The pH value of Coco Peat is 5.8 to 6.5. This pH Value is perfect for many plants that you will grow in your Kitchen Garden.
- It has oxygenation property that will help in the healthy root development of Kitchen Garden Plants.
- It is best in retaining nutrients from water and fertilizers. The effect of leaching is very less in the Coco Peat.
- Drainage is the best feature of Coco Peat.
- No chance of Pests attack or Weed Attack.
- Disease Attack on the Coco Peat is also very less.
- 100% Organic Material which is a great plus point against it.
- Coco Peat is also known to increase the shelf life of Kitchen Garden Plants.
List of Coco Peat Advantages
List of Use of Coco Peat Farming:
People Often do not know What are the Uses of Coco Peat in Farming. The uses of Coco Peat are plenty and hence it makes it to the list of most helpful in planting. Here is the list of some of the uses of Coco Peat in Terrace Gardening.
- It is helpful in making Potting Mixtures.
- You can also see this in the Green Houses.
- The main component of Hydroponics Growing Media.
- Major Component in Nursery and Gardens.
- It is the best aid in seedling nurseries.
- It also has its applications in the Horticulture and Floriculture.
- Farmers use Coco Peat as Worm Bedding.
- It is best soil material in Home Gardening or Kitchen Gardening or Terrace Gardening.
All you need to know is how to use coco peat for seed germination, how to use coco peat for potting. Since it has various advantages and uses, people are trying to know How to use Coco Peat Bricks. Once they got to know how to use coco peat in pots and how to use coco peat for plants, people are using it and not turning towards the regular soil.
List of Coco Peat Disadvantages in Terrace Garden:
- Coco Peat has salts which are natural. Hence you have to provide the nutrients according to the salts.
- Since it has Natural Salts, you cannot recycle it for Hydroponic Systems.
- Results are best when it is fresh. Results deteriorate when the life of the Coco Peat is old.
- Since it is very porous, it cannot support the plant. Hence you have to mix it with other mixtures.
- Today has a good demand in the market. Cashing this, many people are selling low-quality Coco Peat which we cannot know.
These are the advantages and disadvantages of Coco Peat. Now you have learned what are the advantages. If you want to know the Preparation of Coco Peat At Home, then click the Below Link.